Mediums - Gesso and Pastes
This water-based Universal Primer is superb for preparing surfaces for painting. It is a bright white opaque primer with an absorbent character. Mont Marte Gesso may be used on canvas, cardboard and wood. Once dry, Gesso may be painted on with acrylics and oils. Mont Marte Gesso is acid free and provides an absorbent surface to paint on.
Apply two thin coats of Gesso for a smooth surface with Mont Marte Gesso Brushes. May also be applied with a palette knife for a more textured effect. Touch dry within 2 hours, longer for heavier application. Clean up with water.
- using Gesso on a pre-primed canvas gives your painting a smoother, more even surface
- the smooth surface allows paint to flow freely and won't get lost in the weave of the canvas
- reduces acidity levels of paper and wood, giving your painting longer life when using these supports.
SUITABLE FOR USE WITH
- Mont Marte Gesso Brushes
- Mont Marte Long Handle Gesso Brushes
- Mont Marte Flat Wide Taklon Brushes
- Mont Marte Foam Hobby Brushes
- Mont Marte Foam Rollers
- Mont Marte Palette Knives
NOTE: Select the 'Care' tab to download the Care Instructions PDF for usage with all our paints and brushes.